KWallet PAM integration thoughts

Sascha Peilicke sasch.pe at gmx.de
Wed May 21 20:33:26 CEST 2008

Hi everybody,

I recently had a talk with Oswald Buddenhagen (KDM maintainer) about how PAM
integration with KWallet is possible and I realised that more work is
necessary to resolve the issue in a clean manor. I don't want to do a hack
like the gnomers did for gnome-keyring (altough it works quite nice), oswald
had the idea of a more generic single-sign-on architecture consisting of a
pam-plugin and a light-weight keyring-daemon (which should interface somehow
with gpg's and ssl's keyring-infrastructure). The solution could then be used
by gnome-keyring and kwallet (or any other software). I am currently
investigating if there is interest at freedesktop.org to discuss the issue.

Expect a more detailed (technically spoken) post in the following days.

kind regards,
Sascha