KLirc/IRkick

Michael Zanetti michael_zanetti at gmx.net
Sun May 4 20:45:14 CEST 2008

Hi,

It seems that I'm the brand new maintainer of KLirc :)

The current status is that I've begun porting the whole thing to KDE4 altrough
I haven't committed anything yet.

It doesn't compile yet but I think I could reach that point in a week or two.
After that the functionality needs to be introduced again.

The probably biggest part would be introducing a new solid interface for lirc.
Currently I haven't talked to the Solid devs yet.

So the short summary is:
- Make it compile again (In progress)
- Polish/redesign the GUI
- Introduce a Solid-Lirc interface
- fix things that got broken during port.
- Polish

I would suggest that you wait a short period (one or two weeks) until I made
it compile again and commited/moved everything to playground. After that you
could have a look at it and get your own impression and we can decide about
how to continue.

Michael