printer-applet in kdeutils

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Thu May 1 19:55:21 CEST 2008

Am Donnerstag, 1. Mai 2008, um 13:15 Uhr, schrieb Jonathan Riddell:
> On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 12:57:52PM +0200, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > If I do I get while configuring:
> > --- 8< ---
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >
> > File
> > "/home/koder/Kode/kdesvn/trunk/KDE/kdeutils/printer-applet/cmake-modules/
> >FindPyQt.py", line 9, in <module>
> >     import PyQt4.pyqtconfig
> > ImportError: No module named PyQt4.pyqtconfig
> > --- 8< ---
> > Could that be silenced perhaps, by catching stderr or such?
>
> I'm afraid I don't know how to do that in cmake, I just copied the FindPyQt
> module from kdebindings.  It seems like a useful error though.

Is this internal message from the test really useful for the plain user? Other
failing tests stay silent, too.

I would like add ERROR_QUIET to the EXECUTE_PROCESS() command. Just asking on
ml kde-buildsystem if this is the right solution.

> > Are there no docs?
>
> No, it's just an applet.  Anne-Marie looked at it and said it didn't
> need documentation.

I wonder why, but if Anne-Marie says so, well, be it.

> > Please also add a description to kdeutils/README.
>
> Done.

Thanks
Friedrich