printer-applet in kdeutils

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Thu May 1 12:57:52 CEST 2008

Am Donnerstag, 1. Mai 2008, um 10:07 Uhr, schrieb Jonathan Riddell:
> I've moved it in.  The pykde dependency is optional, if you don't have
> it installed at compile time it won't install kde-utils-devel, or you
> can set -DINSTALL_PRINTER_APPLET=TRUE to tell it to install anyway
> (since pykde is a runtime dep not a compile time one).

Some questions:

Is this text from the README still valid, then?
	"Unfortunately it does not currently use PyKDE4 because KApplication loads
 	QtDbus which freezes when we use python-dbus."

You did not add it to the kdeutils/CMakeLists.txt. Was that done on purpose?
If I do I get while configuring:
--- 8< ---
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/koder/Kode/kdesvn/trunk/KDE/kdeutils/printer-applet/cmake-modules/FindPyQt.py",
line 9, in <module>
    import PyQt4.pyqtconfig
ImportError: No module named PyQt4.pyqtconfig
Could that be silenced perhaps, by catching stderr or such?

Are there no docs?

Please also add a description to kdeutils/README.

Thanks
Friedrich