printer-applet in kdeutils

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Thu May 1 02:34:31 CEST 2008

Am Donnerstag, 1. Mai 2008, um 01:34 Uhr, schrieb Jonathan Riddell:
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 12:55:25PM +0200, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
>
> Found the coordinators list at
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Release_Team

Should be better linked from all places where modules are referenced, perhaps.

> > > printer-applet needs moved from kdebase, ok to put it in kdeutils?
> >
> > What does printer-applet do exactly? Wouldn't kdeadmin be more suited
> > perhaps, as it is the module for "Tools for system administration"? That
> > would be Nicolas to ask, then.
>
> It shows what's printing on a your printers, printer status (e.g. low
> on ink) and autoconfigures printers that have been plugged in by users.
>
> No administration about it, that'll come later and be separate.

Hard to tell if something is just a user or an admin task, especially with
autoconfig. Usually printers are per system, and not per user. I guess it
will show print jobs from all users?

But by definition KDE Admin is for "packages that usually only a system
administrator might need", so well, this one is also needed by a plain user.
So may printer-applet be a new KDE Util, welcome. :)
As long as the dependency on kdebindings is optional for the rest of the
module, which it is, or?

Cheers
Friedrich