printer-applet on utils.kde.org

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Fri Jul 18 14:56:25 CEST 2008

Hi Jonathan,

you may have seen that there is worked on an own website for the module
kdeutils, at http://utils.kde.org/.

For all of the programs in kdeutils this will be the first web presence,
besides printer-applet. For now I just linked directly to printer-applet's
homepage on launchpad.net (as found in the KAboutData) from the left menu
bar. But I wonder if this should stay this way.

The page on launchpad.net is pretty empty (no bugs, no translations, etc). And
even links to another homepage, at
http://cyberelk.net/tim/software/system-config-printer/. Are this pages still
uptodate, is this the same code?

Now, that printer-applet is even an official KDE program, wouldn't it be
better if it has it's homepage within the KDE pages? So are you okay with
printer-applet getting it's new homepage at utils.kde.org?

I think especially of the Development page and friends, which, being all
generated by some PHP code, would links to certain printer-applet related
places in the KDE infrastructure, like websvn or translations. BTW: Does
printer-applet have a BKO product entry (I found none)? Or where should bugs
for it being filed?

Cheers
Friedrich

--
Okteta - KDE Hex Editor, coming to you with KDE 4.1