Kregexpedit maintainer

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Thu Apr 24 23:23:09 CEST 2008

Hi Ben,

Am Donnerstag, 24. April 2008, um 07:50 Uhr, schrieb Ben McDonald:
> I commented the blog post about unmaintained programs
> (http://frinring.wordpress.com/2008/04/23/adopt-a-kde-util-as-your-baby)
> but I thought I should post here too.
>
> I would be interested in maintaining KRegExpEdit, as long as nobody
> minds. I have been wanting to contribute to KDE for a while now and
> this seems like a good entry point.

Great :)

May I make my life more easier and point you to some of the answers I just
gave to Sascha, Troy & Bart?
Order of answers based on time, not favour, of course :)

KRegExpEditor is also a special case, it installs besides the program a plugin
which implements the interfaces defined in kdelibs, see
http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdelibs-apidocs/interfaces/html/classKRegExpEditorInterface.html

It is used by quite some programs, see
http://lxr.kde.org/ident?i=KRegExpEditorInterface

In short, as you are new, you best start by trying to get yourself a
development setup and try to create some patches by having a look at
http://englishbreakfastnetwork.org/krazy2/reports/playground/utils/kregexpeditor/index.html
for what could be quickly changed. You would also sent those patches to this
list for the start.

Okay? What other informations would you like?

Cheers
Friedrich