FAI details

Maciej Pilichowski bluedzins at wp.pl
Wed May 20 13:20:28 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 19 May 2009 23:51:46 Matthew Woehlke wrote:

> >> Show scrollbars (when needed) and allow windows to be moved

> I vote leave it as-is and see how it goes over when trying to
> actually program it. But it's not a strong preference.

So making it an option for user?

> That reminds me, I don't know how explicitly it is written out
> anywhere either way, but are you okay with being able to change
> root container type per-desktop?

Great! Summary changed.

> >> Have a mini-panel in FAI containers? (Is it possible to
> >> integrate with plasma for this?)
> >
> > I don't know but it would be great if you ask me.
>
> It's meant for discussion, that's why it is in green. (I think I
> pointed these out as discussion points somewhere? Apologies if it
> wasn't as obvious as it could have been.)

I know, but I cannot tell anything more -- if this is technically
possible, I am for it. Oh, wait, not exactly the panel --
panel+taskbar only. Otherwise it could be overcomplex.

However at this stage I am wondering if we should add
everything "candy" to NWI? Maybe such thing is meant to be evolved
after first launch of NWI?

Cheers,