WM: grouping applications (TAI)

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon May 4 23:47:27 CEST 2009

Maciej Pilichowski wrote:
> On Monday 04 May 2009 19:16:31 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> How does u/d/l/r need a bias? (Or do you mean bias as in how I am
>> assuming that, when "left" has two choices of window, always take
>> the one with the longer shared border?)
>
> Yes. Plus:

> ABC, are squares. A -> ? no matter the choice it means, it has to be
> biased (either B will have priority over C, or C over B).

D'oh, you are right, there needs to be a choice in the case of whatever
criteria you are using otherwise giving equal weight. To *that* end, I
don't mind making an arbitrary, non-configurable choice. Just that we
should strive to have as many high-quality criteria for making a
decision before invoking "the arbitration clause" as possible :-).

--
Matthew
"Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants...