NWI: hollow apps

Maciej Pilichowski bluedzins at wp.pl
Tue Mar 17 22:16:36 CET 2009

On Tuesday 17 March 2009 22:06:52 Matthew Woehlke wrote:

> The question I'm wondering about here is if you can have an empty
> container. Can you create an empty container? Can a container stay
> around with no children? For floating I think the answer should be
> "yes", for tab I'd lean toward "no", but I think maybe it is better
> to be consistent.

It depends if you agree that we can create container on-the-fly (3
steps, run app, mark for grouping, group app), If yes, we can, that I
opt for not allowing empty containers at all.

The reason: with such mechanism creating containers is so cheap (and
trivial for user) that I see no purpose in handling empty containers.

If no (to 3-step creating NWI) -- then, let me think ;-).

Cheers,