WM: grouping applications (TAI)

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 16 22:33:13 CET 2009

Maciej Pilichowski wrote:
> m) parent -- win+home
> n) child -- win+end
> g) next.hist -- win+pgdn
> h) prev.hist -- win+pgup
>
> A little easier to memorize I think.

Hmm, true, but my first thought (once you mentioned home/end keys) was
for 'home' to jump to the desktop and 'end' to jump to what would become
the active window :-). It's easier, but not really consistent with the
normal use of these keys.

That said, I'm actually not sure I object, especially as ctrl-{home,end}
can be used that way and/or use backspace/space for parent/child, and in
either case pgup/pgdn are still available for history.

--
Matthew
"I don't question your existence -- God" (seen on a church billboard)