WM: grouping applications (TAI)

Maciej Pilichowski bluedzins at wp.pl
Wed Apr 29 20:59:48 CEST 2009

On Monday 16 March 2009 22:39:07 Matthew Woehlke wrote:

> First off, my list of keys:
> wm-switch-window-{up,down,left,right}
> wm-switch-window-{previous,next}
> wm-switch-window-{previous,next}-historic
> wm-switch-window-{previous,next}-spatial
> wm-switch-window-desktop-{previous,next}
> wm-switch-window-global-{previous,next}

Small correction, those two entries look the same for me:
> wm-switch-window-{up,down,left,right}
> wm-switch-window-{previous,next}-spatial

More exactly, I think we don't need the second one.

Those two should be historic really (as they are now):
> wm-switch-window-desktop-{previous,next}
> wm-switch-window-global-{previous,next}

And as we discussed before they activate only top-level
windows/applications.

This one would be better to be at desktop scope:
> wm-switch-window-{up,down,left,right}

because it is the best candidate to navigate through all applications
regardless the hierarchy.

Cheers,