scenarios for hig testing

Celeste Lyn Paul celeste at kde.org
Fri Sep 8 15:47:34 CEST 2006

Hey all,

I play to start recruiting some volunteers for testing the _Guidelines_
section of the HIG.  I am going to try and recruit some students from the
local school LUGs and/or hopefully from the local SAGE and Linux groups here
in DC.  I dont know of any KDE developers in the DC/Baltimore area, but if
you do please give me their contact information.  Some of the requirements I
will be considering:

* May have had experience using toolkits or libraries of
desktop environments
* Interested in developing for a desktop environment
* Used (or not) interface guidelines in their development
* Experience with KDE or Gnome or Apple interface development? (not likely,
but possible to find)

Comments?

Although truthfully, I am not going to be too picky because I am recruiting
from limited sources, not using a recruiting firm, and dont really have the
resources for substantial reimbursement.

I would like some help creating scenarios.  These scenarios should focus on 1)
the kind of information provided by the guideline (re: the guideline
wireframe from my hig report), the organization and structure of the
guidelines section, and its integration with the other sections (meta data
which points them to and from sections, index, etc.).

I don't have any pages built but I do have a repository of decisions and
suggestions sent to me or via mailing lists or IRC.  based on the senarios I
will build a few of the guidelines pages and use wireframes for the rest of
the navigation.  This test is not to test the actual content, but what the
content provides, how it provides them, and if it makes sense.

Do we have any stickers or mugs or anything we can use as gifts for testing?
Money for participants could run up a larg

--
Celeste Lyn Paul
KDE Usability Project