Instant apply and explicit apply in KDE HIG

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sun Mar 5 21:24:40 CET 2006

On Saturday 04 March 2006 07:41, Ellen Reitmayr wrote:

> i fully agree it does not for settings dialog and a lot of other stuff.

Why shouldn't instant apply work in config dialogs? There are many config
dialogs which would greatly benefit from instant apply. For example setting
fonts in KMail is very annoying, because you always have to click apply
before you can see the effect. My feeling is that there aren't that much
cases, where instant apply wouldn't work. At least when I click around
through some config dialogs here, I don't see one. The only cases I can think
of are the ones where it takes too long to actually apply the change, so that
the "instant" part is lost. But that definitely is the exception and not the
rule.