Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Fri Mar 3 17:58:27 CET 2006

Am Freitag, 3. März 2006 00:11 schrieb Thomas Zander:
> > So usability is actually about: "If few people use it, remove it."?
>
> Leo, you are very well aware that thats not the case and it certainly
> is not as black and white as you ask above.

Generally, I don't think so, either. Yet the reason why I'm very picky about
toolbar functionality is that they are effectively uncustomiseable (i. e.
forgetting customisations over versions). This takes away control I want to
exercise over my desktop environment.

Iff toolbars are made fully customisable (as Aaron hinted in the other thread)
for the first time in KDE's history (by also providing persistence of
changes), I am, in the role of a normal user, back in full control. This
would make many removals that nowadays force advanced users to recurringly
recustomise their environment far less intrusive.

mfg
	Leo