Labels, widgets and click targets in KDE/Qt

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Fri Jun 30 14:46:10 CEST 2006

On Friday 30 June 2006 14:22, Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> As a side note, I've spent some time researching the alignment rule for
> labels, and left aligned isnt the most optimal solution for several
> reasons and am strongly considering recommending a center alignment
> (aka plumb align if you are familiar with that term?).

We discussed this issue before and the consensus was that there was too
low a gain to change KDE and too high a threshold for developers to
actually implement this for all applications.
In other words; we didn't find compelling reasons to do the work needed :)

With this thread I think we found the one tangible use case that makes
doing some research viable.
In order for this to work; it needs to be done in such a way that the
developer does not have to think about the usability case for each and
every dialog created.
I think you should ask the people at KDE Four Core if they can think of a
way to automatically alter the alignment of labels that have a 'buddy'.
That would cover a lot of cases IMO.

--
Thomas Zander