Labels, widgets and click targets in KDE/Qt

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Fri Jun 30 14:40:09 CEST 2006

On Friday 30 June 2006 13:36, Florian Graessle wrote:
> I am sure increasing the click target size in the aforementioned way
> would mean a great enhancement. What do others think?
> How about the coding aspect? Is this something KDE can solve or would
> it be Qt/Trolltech's call?

Sounds sane to me.

Qt already has the concept of 'buddies'. You can find this in QtDesigner,
both in 3 and 4.
This is used to shift focus based on keyboard input (alt + key). I guess
its easy to alter the label so it becomes clickable when a buddy is
supplied to get to that goal.
In order to let this work for all labels, a Qt patch should be written.  I
can't imagine that being a lot of work.

--
Thomas Zander