Defaults in Settings dialogs

Celeste Lyn Paul celeste at kde.org
Sun Jan 29 17:17:35 CET 2006

After some discussion on IRC, we came up with a solution we'd like to discuss
here.

What do you all think of:

[Reset all defaults]   [Reset (Fonts) defaults]

There was some discussion of putting the Defaults button in the context of the
tab (in the interface and not on the bottom window bar). However many of
dialogs are already pretty cluttered, and adding another button would just
add to the clutter and may not clarify the context.  Putting them next to
each other will allow the user to see both options and understand better the
context of what each action does.

--
Celeste Lyn Paul
KDE Usability