New workgroup for better coordination

Frank Osterfeld frank.osterfeld at gmx.de
Wed Sep 7 21:08:48 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 06 September 2005 11:04, Olaf Jan Schmidt wrote:
> Dear translators, dear contributors to accessibility and usability, dear
> artists!
>
> At the last KDE e.V. meeting, we voted for the creation of new workgroups
> for coordinating the contributions to KDE a bit better.
>
> One of the workgroups will include all projects working on Human/Computer
> Interactions (HCI), which means accessibility, artwork, translations, and
> usability. Gunnar and I (from accessibility) have agreed to contact these
> teams and ask them to find representatives for it.

I'd like to follow the HCI development as a spectator, as I am interested in
the discussions and the progress made. No fear, as I am not an usability
expert (nor member of any of the other projects mentioned) I don't plan to
increase the noise on that list with my unqualified personal opinions :). But
I'd like to see what's going on there. Maybe the list could be managed like
kde-core-devel? Everyone can subscribe, but "outsiders" are moderated?
I hope the list is not planned to be a private members-only list?

Frank