[DISCUSS] K HIG Toolbars

Ellen Reitmayr ellen.reitmayr at relevantive.de
Sat Jul 2 21:51:19 CEST 2005

seele at obso1337.org wrote:
> the HIG isnt meant to stifle innovation or interface evolution.

.. why not? Of course we should not re-invent the wheel. However,
practices which have not been implemented in KDE so far but have proven
to work well in other desktop environments should be encouraged. I call
this interface evolution and think it's a real challenge for the K HIG -
especially when having a look on KDE4.

Examples are hiding further/advanced options, contextual configuration,
improved drag and drop feedback, improved what's this (just a few topics
being permanently on my mind...). Of course all this makes no sense as
long as there are no classes to support such innovations. Innovation
should be manifested in both, HIG and api. Let's work on that!

LG,
/el

it is