hig formatting

seele@obso1337.org seele at obso1337.org
Tue Aug 2 15:18:27 CEST 2005

Haha, well Ill tell you how I would do it, but capitalization and
punctuation standards have been a hot topic on the SIGCHI list for the
past few weeks :)

IMO:

Lists should be a collection of statements in sentence capitalization with
no punctuation.  If an item requires more than one statement (eg: two
sentences or complete thoughts) it could probably be broken in to two
items.

The main lists in the HIG are collections of guidelines which should be
short, concise, and a single thought.  If you find that an item needs to
be several sentences and you cant break it down in to more than one item,
maybe it should be a paragraph and not a guideline (since it requires so
much explanation).

Lists are more easily scanned if they contain statements instead of
complete sentences full of filler.