[ADMIN] Moving on.

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Fri Jul 9 21:35:41 CEST 2004

On Friday 09 July 2004 18:43, you wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 June 2004 13:20, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > I am the administrator/moderator of this mailing list as I have been
> > doing from its inception.  I took on the job for two reasons; nobody
> > else wanted it and (more importantly) the external usability-experts
> > needed a list for the usability platform they wanted to start.
> > Since we started the list over 10 months ago the usability platform
> > itself has been in limbo with no progress at all in recent months.
>
> Openusabilty.org is becoming more and more active so I think we now
> finally see progress.
>
> > If somebody still believes this list has merit and wants to take
> > over; sent me an email before that date to arrange transfer of the
> > platform.  Naturally only a person that 'can be trusted' to follow
> > the platforms ideas should do so.
>
> I think we still need a list which can serve as platform to discuss
> usabilty issues between KDE developers and usability experts and I
> would be willing to take over the kde-usability-devel mailing list.
>
> There has been many private mails and discussions on the openusability
> forums which I think would better fit on this list. What do others
> think? Would it be useful to continue with this list?

On both KDE's lists about usability, it is relatively low traffic so merging
the streams into one would result in more exposure, I think. In other words,
skip kde-usability-devel and let kde-usability be The place. I think the line
between the two is vague(for example: is it only experts who's allowed to
preach on usability-devel? )

However, if there are political reasons, such as if it shouldn't be neutral
and not KDE specific, it could be better with another list since
kde-usability is for KDE.

Two thoughts,

		Frans