Draft specifications for OpenUsability.org

Jan Muehlig jan.muehlig at relevantive.de
Sun Feb 29 16:17:09 CET 2004

Hi there,

finally we found the time and peace of mind to write down what we think
is needed to bring OSS developers and usability people together. Most of
the thoughts were developed during Castle times and the subsequent
discussions. You can find it at:
http://www.linux-usability.de/download/Draft_OpenUsability.pdf

If you read the draft, you may think that the portal we have in mind
looks quite similar to SourceForge. But SourceForge is for developers.
We need something that is also easily accessible for usability people.

Another issue is that the draft does not limit the scope to KDE, but to
OSS. The reason why I think we should label it OpenUsability is that it
is (again) more accessible for usability people (an alternative
label/URL could be UseForge.org).

Nevertheless I think that KDE is (one of) the most active OSS projects
with respect to usability. Hence I hope that KDE maintainers and the
whole usability group of KDE take the platform as a neutral ground which
can be easility integrated into KDE development.

So much for now. I am curious about your comments.

Jan