[kde-usa] Google Code-In -- can we increase American participation

Akarsh Simha akarsh.simha at kdemail.net
Wed Sep 26 18:13:18 UTC 2012

Hi

Google Code-In 2012 has been announced. Of course everything is
uncertain, but going by history, it is fairly likely that KDE will be
selected to participate.

I'm wondering if there are any ideas to increase the participation
from the USA.

I think the simplest contribution we can make is to mail local
hackerspaces / "geeky" listservs and hope that there are high school
students, parents and teachers looking at those lists.

Valorie was suggesting that we could try and find local teacher
associations or the like, and spread the word.

Any other ideas?

Regards
Akarsh