[kde-usa] Qt Developer Days North America in Silicon Valley

Carl Symons carlsymons at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 01:42:19 UTC 2012

Qt Developer Days (QDD) Europe wrapped up today in Berlin. The North
American version of the conference [1] takes place in Silicon Valley
December 5 - 7. Several KDE contributors are presenting at the Silicon
Valley QDD. We also have an exhibit space, and an evening BoF. This is
an opportunity to attract new developers, to get some visibility for
KDE in one of the world's hotspots of technology, and to connect with
new and current users.

This is a significant opportunity for the KDE Community. We have been
integrally related with Qt from the beginning of KDE. Our influence is
already considerable; and KDE has a lot of potential in the Qt
ecosystem. In addition, there are Qt-related opportunities for
individual KDE contributors, from seasoned developers to recent Google
Summer of Code participants.

If there is any way possible for you to attend, please give it some
serious thought. ICS, the organizer of the Silicon Valley QDD, has
provided a limited number of complimentary conference passes. More
information and instructions in the Dot story.

Carl

[1] http://dot.kde.org/2012/11/12/qt-developer-days-silicon-valley