[kde-usa] KDE U.S. NPO

Claudia Rauch rauch at kde.org
Wed May 9 10:06:54 UTC 2012

On 9 May 2012 03:12, Steve Hay <hay.steve at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> Is this a matter of the board having other priorities and putting this issue
> aside, or are there issues being raised with the terms which have been
> offered? Would it make sense to get a proposal from SPI as well, so the two
> can be directly compared?

I think it is mostly a matter of other priorities, but Lydia, maybe
you can comment. I suppose it won't hurt to get a proposal from SPI.

> Forgive me if these are topics already covered-- just trying to see where I
> might be able to help, if possible.
>

> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 6:11 PM, Jeff Mitchell <mitchell at kde.org> wrote:

>> > The status is basically the same as it was before.
>> >
>> > The SFC provides patent infringement protection for the coders working
>> > on the project, SPI does not. That was one of the reasons we'd been
>> > trying to get in with the SFC. Also because nobody figured it'd be going
>> > so slowly. In the mean time both SFC and KDE have changed.
>> >
>> > It's still up to the Board. They need to decide whether to accept SFC's
>> > current terms, or whether to ditch them as an option once and for all.
>> >
>> > I've been pushing this with the board quite actively for > 2 years and
>> > passively for more, and I'm happy to keep working on it, but it's up to
>> > the Board right now.
>> >
>> > I've CC'd Claudia, who may know more about the current situation/Board
>> > deliberations.
>>
>> BTW, let's keep discussion of the NPO on this list, please. I'm not sure
>> why it was cross-posted to kde-promo before but I don't think all
>> replies went to both lists, so people not watching both were left out of
>> parts of it.
>>
>> This is the more focused and sensible place for its discussion.
>>
>> --Jeff
>>

> --
> Sent from my iRetina BrainPad

Claudia Rauch
Business Manager
KDE e.V.
Linienstr. 141
10115 Berlin
Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 30 2023 7305 0
Fax: +49 (0) 30 2023 7305 9
Mobile: +49 178 522 3086

KDE e.V. is a German Verein registered at the Amtsgericht Tübingen
(VR1301). Its president is Cornelius Schumacher. For more information
please see http://ev.kde.org, and http://kde.org/