[kde-usa] [kde-promo] KDE U.S. NPO

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Tue May 8 22:08:15 UTC 2012

On 5/8/2012 5:29 PM, Steve Hay wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 19:30, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
>> Let's talk about this in a less public place.
>
> I am interested in helping out if possible. Let me know where you guys
> are on this. If you need help on the tax law I can poke around some of
> my friends and see if they know anything on how to do this.

The status is basically the same as it was before.

The SFC provides patent infringement protection for the coders working
on the project, SPI does not. That was one of the reasons we'd been
trying to get in with the SFC. Also because nobody figured it'd be going
so slowly. In the mean time both SFC and KDE have changed.

It's still up to the Board. They need to decide whether to accept SFC's
current terms, or whether to ditch them as an option once and for all.

I've been pushing this with the board quite actively for > 2 years and
passively for more, and I'm happy to keep working on it, but it's up to
the Board right now.

I've CC'd Claudia, who may know more about the current situation/Board
deliberations.

--Jeff