[kde-usa] [campkde-organizers] Fwd: [kde-promo] KDE Cascadia

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Fri Oct 21 00:58:33 UTC 2011

On 10/20/2011 10:09 AM, Carl Symons wrote:
> Well said, Jeff. Food for thought that's gonna take me a while to digest.
>
> I'm adding kde-promo to the distribution of this message thread. There
> are several people on that list who've expressed interest in the
> subject at hand. In addition, the comments on the thread point to a
> conversation that lives beyond North America.

No problem.

> I'm particularly interested in this from your message...
> "The message we need to be getting out to companies is that iOS is
> completely unsuited for their own products and Android is not a good fit
> for many uses, especially many enterprise uses. I won't go into all the
> details why, although I could do so at some length (in fact, I'm giving
> a presentation on this exact topic on Tuesday). A better fit for a great
> many needs is a mobile device running an optimized, full Linux stack."
>
> Is there some easy way for you to share the information you've pulled together?

Ask me again after Tuesday (still doing some finalization of slides). I
would need to do some rearranging and some "sanitizing" of them, and may
not want them distributed publicly, but I could get them to you.

Probably what would be most useful would be for us to schedule a Google
Hangout or some similar thing where we can go through them and I can
give you the soundtrack. Because I'm going to have to be absolutely
flying through them on Tues (I have > 30 slides and 15 minutes to give
it), I've been simplifying them quite a bit, so I have more
(theoretical) insight to give than the slides provide by themselves.

--Jeff