Kubuntu Testing and KDE

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 23:30:56 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

We in Kubuntu are trying to organize our QA efforts, to make them
easier for testers to use, and make the results useful for the
developers. Of course most QA for us happens in KDE itself. We've
asked Sayak to think about creating a webapp that we could use to host
our stuff. We'd love to see KDE chime in, and make this webapp useful
to all of us.

We envision something that developers could easily use to add test
cases, and get information out of. Also, it should be easy to point
testers to, and easy for the testers to report their results, and
create bug reports if necessary.

For now, we're using Google forms, which work OK, but are not ideal.
I've included Harald's announcement of that below. Sayak has given us
some positive feedback, but doesn't have time right now to whip up a
webapp. So we have time to think about exactly what we want.

Is the KDE Quality team in favor of such a webapp? Are there similar
testing frameworks from which we could take inspiration?

Valorie