Can someone take a look?

Felix Rohrbach fxrh at gmx.de
Sun Mar 31 15:43:06 UTC 2013

Am 31.03.2013 15:32, schrieb Myriam Schweingruber:
> Hi Felix,
>
> On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Felix Rohrbach <fxrh at gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 30.03.2013 17:11, schrieb Martin Graesslin:
>>> On Saturday 30 March 2013 16:23:14 Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
>
>> Imho, thats a wrong assumption by the developers. I've seen quite a few
>> cases where bug reports lie around for months, with mupltiple users
>> describing the bug, but no hint that a developer has even realized the
>> existance of the bug.
>
> Well, then comment on the bug report and ask for feedback from the developers.
>
> We are all volunteers, and simply do the most important work in the
> little time we have available, assuming we deliberately "forget" bug
> reports is wrong.
>
>> I think it's a normal reaction to think "hmm,
>> maybe something went wrong with the bug report, I should ask someone
>> about that".
>
> Yes, and the best place to send a reminder is to comment on the bug
> report itself, as the developers are assigned to it and get all that
> in their inbox.
>
> But assuming that the bug was forgotten is just plain wrong. If you
> think we should do more work on bug reports, can I invite you to
> actually help triaging bug reports? That would greatly increase the
> likelihood for important bugs getting on top of the pile in the TODO
> list.

I did not say that the developers are not working enough on the bug
reports. Anyway, I already thought about helping triaging, but I don't
know if I can fit it into my daily life. But that's a different thing.

>> But please, see that from a bug reporters point of view,
>> a bug, which lies around months, state unconfirmed and no developer in
>> sight, might look like it just got lost. (Others might just feel
>> ignored, which is even worse)
>
> Well, then they should get a life, really, they get this software for
> free from people who mostly work on their free time on it, if they
> feel ignored that is their problem, sorry to be so blunt

I'm talking about people who understand the way free software works, who
love free software, and who write free software themselves, but still
felt ignored. Writing good bug reports does take time, and if you feel
ignored, you won't do it again.

> Regards, Myriam
>
> --
> Proud member of the Amarok and KDE Community
> Protect your freedom and join the Fellowship of FSFE:
> http://www.fsfe.org
> Please don't send me proprietary file formats,
> use ISO standard ODF instead (ISO/IEC 26300)

Regards,
Felix