The very late KDE 4.11 Planning Thread

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Mon Jun 10 21:44:10 UTC 2013

Beta 1 is in _two days_. It has crept up on us again.

By then we need to:

-Tidy our wiki pages, get everything updated for 4.11
Making a new version of this page
http://community.kde.org/Getinvolved/Quality/Beta/4.10
as
http://community.kde.org/Getinvolved/Quality/Beta/4.1<http://community.kde.org/Getinvolved/Quality/Beta/4.10>
1

 - Redo the plasma checklists for newly rewritten plasmoids
Well done to Kai for starting this already!
http://community.kde.org/Getinvolved/Quality/Beta/4.11/Plasma

Taskbar and Battery are the 2 I know of. Any other?

- Make a new "areas of focused testing" page for 4.11 (hopefully fuller)
http://community.kde.org/Getinvolved/Quality/Beta/4.10/AreasToTest
Loosely based on http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.11_Feature_Plan needs
some adaptaion.

- Copy and update the installation page, remove the links to old archives
where applicable. Comment some parts out if they are not available yet etc.
http://community.kde.org/Getinvolved/Quality/Beta/4.10/Installing

 - Have something ready for the release  announcements.
We can mostly copy and paste last years. It would be good to have something
ready.

Please help with any of the above, keeping this thread active with what
you're working on.

Does anyone plan on doing "testing days" this release cycle, like we did in
4.10.

Any new ideas we want to get going?

David Edmundson