KDE SC 4.11 Release Schedule

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sun Jan 20 09:58:14 UTC 2013

On Saturday 19 January 2013 19:21:27 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> > > I think that the 4.11 cycle was not optimal, but I think it is because
> > > it
> > > overlapps with Christmas and New Year.
> >
> > Why was that suboptimal? We've been having that since all the 4.x.odd
> > releases
>
> I have the feeling that we are drifting more and more into February and to
> be honest I have never considered the betas/RCs around Christmas to be a
> good idea. It's bad for all those devs doing paid KDE development, it's bad
> for students (at least in Germany it overlapps with exam time, also in the
> US the term ends before Christmas). I will try to play with bugzilla to see
> whether there is a difference in number bugs reported in beta phase .odd vs
> .even.
So I did that - result is attached and it doesn't tell me anything except that
in the 4.10 cycle significantly less bugs have been created than in the other
cycles.

How is the data generated? It uses bugzilla Reports -> Tabular Reports
feature. Select "Status" in "Horizontal Axis" dropdown. Unselect everything in
the upper area (most important unselect everything in the status list), open
the "Search by Change History" area, select "[Bug creation]" in "where ANY of
the fields:" and enter the date of the beta 1 release in the from date field
and the final tagging date in the to date field. Then click generate report.
Do that for each of the release cycles.

--
Martin Gräßlin