Testing RC2 changes. Was Re: Another RC?, was: Re: Akonadi-Nepomuk Feeder Improvements

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Jan 2 23:04:40 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, January 01, 2013 03:47:05 PM David Edmundson wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Adriaan de Groot <groot at kde.org> wrote:
> >> I've made two new pages:
> >> http://community.kde.org/Getinvolved/Quality/Beta/4.10/DolphinInformation
> >> http://community.kde.org/Getinvolved/Quality/Beta/4.10/PIMFeeders
> >
> > What I'd really appreciate on pages like that is just a teensy bit of
> > tester and/or developer information so that you can actually quickly get

> AFAIK, both of these are either merged into the 4.10 branch or will be
> ASAP in time for RC2. RC2 is released on the 3rd of Jan.
> I'll find out the repo names and put them in the relevant wiki pages.

For me -- since I know there won't be packages before I get this stuff to
compile myself (such is the life of a packager on a fringe system) -- the
developer end of this is most important, so let's check:

 - you need soprano, one branch master
 - you need nepomuk-core, on branch KDE/4.10
 - you need kdelibs, on branch remotes/origin/KDE/4.10
 - you need kdebase, on branch remotes/origin/KDE/4.10

Once you've built that, you have a suitable Dolphin for testing.

(Note: I'm a total git n00b, and the techbase information on git is, IMO,
uniformly terrible, so these are semi-clueless guesses as to what is actually
the software that is KDE 4.10 RC2)

[ade]