Can someone take a look?

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Tue Apr 2 16:04:58 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 02 April 2013 17:54:41 Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 5:03 PM, Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 02 April 2013 15:22:19 Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
>
> > What we are missing is a way to escalate problems. A special mailing list
> > where users can mail to and members from the KDE community moderate and
> > delegate to the developers. This could also handle things like "We are
> > sorry to tell you that Kopete is nowadays unmaintained and recommend you
> > to switch to the excellent software provided by the KDE Telepathy team"
>
> Which does exist since a very long time already: bugsquad at kde.org
I didn't know that bug squad is also for that. At least the info about Bug
Squad I looked up in our wikis doesn't indicate that this is a task.

Also I wouldn't know how a user would find out that it's best to contact bug
squad if that's the best approach.

Maybe that's something which we could make more obvious to users? Info on
bugs.kde.org? Document in wiki? Include a link in the footer of each bugzilla
mail? "Need help with bug reporting: contact the bug squad". Might even be
nice to draw in some fresh blood ;-)

--
Martin Gräßlin