Can someone take a look?

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Mon Apr 1 10:11:37 UTC 2013

On Monday 01 April 2013 10:44:58 David Edmundson wrote:
> Question:
> Do you think it is "rude" to add something to someone's unit tests that
> would make the tests fail, if the unit test is valid, and you're
> highlighting a reported bug?
yes, if you would do that to KWin I would revert the change. Why? Because
given the new policy the release team sets up it would mean that kde-workspace
would not be allowed to be released unless that gets fixed.

> I'd like answers for both the case of submitting via reviewboard, and also
> the hypothetical situation of not getting any replies and submitting it
> anyway.
I don't see how review board would change it. The change to the unit test
cannot be applied without a fix due to the reason given above.

Also I think this could have quite negative impacts on unit testing in
general. It might move the view of developers from "tests are useful" to
"tests are annoying".

Cheers
Martin