KDE mailing lists - a few questions

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed May 23 14:52:26 UTC 2012

On Wednesday, May 23, 2012 16:07:48 Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> So IMHO these lists should be visible in the mailiman/listinfo, with a
> description. There already is a lot of criticism about hidden mailing
> lists with unknown agendas among the KDE community, a minimum of
> transparency about what list exist and what the lists are about is not
> asking too much.

I think with respect to that, much of it is probably idle conspiracy theorism,
don't pay too much attention to it. It's usual the less useful people who find
the time to complain about that. (Makes me wonder about their agendas, but in
fact -- not really.)

Mailinglist which aren't meant for public consumption are not very useful in
the list info, that only attracts spammers, adds a lot of overhead for the
moderators, and doesn't add anything other than some false sense of
transparency (realistically, it achieves the opposite).

I understood your email as attempt to sort out the mailinglist "mess" (is
it?), but I'll happily shut up.

Cheers,
--
sebas