KDE mailing lists - a few questions

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Tue May 22 08:00:32 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 9:54 AM, todd rme <toddrme2178 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Another issue: are mailing lists the proper way to be distributing
> bugzilla notifications, or should those be handled by subscriptions
> inside bugzilla?  From the discussions I have seen the latter is
> supposed to be the preferred method, but a bunch of mailing lists are
> still being used for bugzilla notifications.

We just went through this in KDE Telepathy - following a user in bugzilla
results in emails being impossible to filter by not-that-advanced email
clients such as GMail web interface, which do not allow filtering by email
header tags (which is the only way to filter and manage those emails). So
to ease up filtering and email management for those users (and us
developers in the first place), we went with full mailing list instead,
which can be easily filtered by any email client.

--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer