Pending tasks for the 4.9 release

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Thu May 17 13:33:48 UTC 2012

On 05/16/2012 10:45 PM, David Edmundson wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 7:00 PM, Anne-Marie Mahfouf
> <annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr>  wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Here is I hope a summary of the tasks we're aiming for the next 4.9 release.
>> Current wiki pages:
>> http://community.kde.org/Getinvolved/Testing
>> http://community.kde.org/Getinvolved/Testing/Brainstorming
>>
>> Don't forget that you can use https://trello.com/kdetesting (ask Myriam or
>> me for account)
>>
>> 1) On a wiki page
>> List of plasmoids to test: David Edmundson
>> (http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Tasks for known problems with applets)
>> Test with default theme, with Oxygen theme, various positions (on the
>> desktop, putting in a horizontal panel, a vertical panel), size (default
>> start size, resize to minimum size), test all configuration settings, test
>> right click mouse actions if relevant, GHNS if relevant, test specific areas
>> for each applet.
> http://community.kde.org/Getinvolved/Testing/Beta/Plasma#Beta_Testing_Plasmoids
>
> Just about to email Plasma, to let them know of the plans, and to try
> and get a definitive list of the rewritten plasmoids
Yes thanks! I saw your mail to the Plasma mailing list.
>> List of apps to test:
>>
>> Pairs
>> Rocs
>> kcm which changed?
> Can I confirm that I'm not tasked with sorting out the testing on
> these apps, just the plasmoids. Last email made it look like I was,
> and I don't know what
> Rocs/Pairs are, so I'm not best to it.
Yes, it's me who will try to set up a list of apps to be tested. Pairs
and Rocs are part of KDE Edu which is my area so I'll know how to reach
developers so they fix bugs! (abuse of power???) -;)

Today I saw Ivan's blog about linking files from Dolphin, Konqueror and
Folderview to activities and I think that's also a good candidate to
test, maybe along with Activities.

Best regards,

Anne-Marie