4.9 Beta Phase is approaching: what needs to be done?

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Thu May 3 11:42:35 UTC 2012

Hi all,

with today's soft feature freeze for 4.9 the Beta testing gets closer and
closer.

I think we need to start preparing the beta phase and start discussing some
ideas in more detail if we want to change anything for 4.9.

Let me start with one idea: setting up a tester team and train them to
correctly report bugs through the forums. Users who want to participate are
added to a special group in bugs.kde.org and get a flag they are allowed to
set to bugs they report to indicate that it has been set in the beta testing.

Beta testers can use the flag to easily search for bugs reported during beta
testing and developers can use it to see that the report has a better quality
than the "normal" bugs.

Cheers
Martin