Quality Team: LCD weather station and calendar (in panel) are really broken

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Thu Jun 14 13:03:58 UTC 2012

On 06/14/2012 01:52 PM, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday, June 14, 2012 13:15:34 Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
>> You misread the Quality Team mail: we are asking for the LCD Weather
>> Station Applet to be fixed for 4.9 or removed.
> i misread nothing. the request for it to be removed is denied.
>
> if you consider for a moment what this would do to people's otherwise working
> installations, not to mention what it would mean for future incentive to fix
> it, the reason for this should become evident.
>

> p.s. i'm very happy that we have a more active Q/A team. i am not happy with
> how it is sometimes handling issues. there was a commit reverted the other day
> without checking with the original commiter nor the maintainer of the applet
> or module which should never have been reverted. fortunately i was on irc and
> watching commits that day. now we have a "no, remove it" statement which does
> not fit the way we develop in plasma, which is:
>
> * as a team
> * with communication
>
> i'm sure the QA team can improve over time so that we can all work together
> better. thanks ...
The reverted commit was me, annma, not the Quality Team, following a
user report and my tests. Do not mix me and the Quality Team, thanks.
I apologize publicly for reverted your commit.

As for the QA Team, I am not sure how you would like us to communicate
better.

Anne-Marie

PS: the communication worked as you were aware of the Calendar problems
and fixed them.