[kde-promo] 4.9 Beta 2 release announcement?

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Tue Jun 12 07:32:35 UTC 2012

Hi all,

[sarcasm]top-posting getting in fashion again?[/sarcasm]

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 11:04 PM, Sebastian Dörner
<sebastian at sebastian-doerner.de> wrote:
> Maybe dot has not enough range to attract new contributors and we
> should try to get this into distribution-specific blogs and maybe
> typical IT news sites. I only know the German heise.de which might be
> suitable, but there are certainly ones for other languages as well.

We were mentioned in the H:
http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/KDE-4-9-enters-beta-testing-1611782.html

and out dot article made it to Slashdot:
http://tech.slashdot.org/story/12/06/04/2214206/kde-announces-49-beta1-and-testing-initiative

Of course heise.de only has this as latest KDE news:
http://www.heise.de/open/meldung/KDE-4-8-3-Fehlerkorrekturen-fuer-Kontact-Suite-und-Dolphin-1567688.html,
but it is a German only site after all, what matters is The H.

What more do you want? Jure Repinc is usually taking very good care of
getting all the dot articles to the sites that matter, I don't think
we can do better, except with our private blogs that might get a wider
audience to non-English speaking groups if we blog in other languages.

KDE has a G+ and a Facebook group, including automatic Twitter and
identi.ca posts, so these are covered as well.

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org