Akademy BoF

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Wed Jun 6 23:05:34 UTC 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Myriam Schweingruber <myriam at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 3:45 PM, David Edmundson
> <david at davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:
>> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Myriam Schweingruber <myriam at kde.org> wrote:
>>> I assume Calligra will only use one room on Monday so there should
>>> still be a room available, I will ask them about that.
>
> OK, checked, they indeed need only one room.
>
>> Is anyone here actively involved in Calligra?
>> If not lets choose a time for a meeting Monday. There's nothing else
>> booked (AFAIK) so we can just choose any time.
>>
>> I think we need to cover:
>>  - a review of how testing went for 4.9 (what was good? what was not
>> as good as it could/should have been?)
>>  - plans for how we can improve this for 4.10
>>
>> Any other topic ideas?

More topic ideas:

 - The main KDE Review process sucks (when transferring an application
from playground), people comment then it just sits there idly doing
nothing for weeks and weeks. There's no definitive "yep this is ok"
after the time has elapsed until the original author starts poking
people.
I've seen this with my stuff, as well as watching other people's stuff
go through.
Also it's pretty daft/unfair that if I make a new repo, it goes
through this process, but if I were to add an app to kde-baseapps or
workspace or runtime.. it wouldn't.

 - Making editing the main KDE Feature Plan easier / encouraging
people to do it. No-one updates it, it annoys KDE-promo, and it's
annoying for me making my list of "areas that have changed". Probably
difficult for the people who make the commit-digest too. Martin
Grässlin has some interesting scripts based on the "Feature" hook in
commit messages.