Fwd: Pending tasks for the 4.9 release

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Mon Jun 4 19:31:09 UTC 2012

I started a list of new features and changed areas for 4.9.

http://community.kde.org/index.php?title=Getinvolved/Testing/Beta/AreasToTest
It's deliberately quite vague, to encourage general testing around a
changed area, and it's grouped by how the user you would see it,
rather than technical motivation (i.e I'll put the kactivies KIO under
Dolphin).

It's very incomplete, it's based on:
 - the 4.9 feature plan. Which is mostly crap
 - blog posts
 - me looking at 4.9 betas.

Going through the commit digest history may help a bit.

I've not yet added it to the beta homepage, I will do once people look
over it, add a few items and give me a "Ship it!".

Then I'll bump the thread on the KDE-Devel ML (or maybe even blog?)

Dave