QA Testing for 4.9.1

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Wed Aug 29 10:27:52 UTC 2012

Answering myself after having a look at the 18 bugs to test:

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Myriam Schweingruber <myriam at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 8:33 PM, Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:
>> Hi QA-Team,

>> In the case of KWin we know exactly what went into the 4.9.1 release -
>> everything is nicely documented in bugzilla [1]. Every bug should also have an
>> instruction on how to reproduce.
>>
>> So is there the chance that testers go through the list and verify that the
>> fixes work as advertised?

The problem appears to be the setup of some of the bugs, I personally
never used Aurorae, and I don't own a Touchpad device, so it might be
a bit tricky to actually test without the proper hardware and setup.

Could you maybe give some more details about what is required to
actually test this? I think we should also ask the bug reporters to be
included in those tests, as they have the proper hardware and software
setup. We can help them to get a testing environment if necessary,
e.g. testing with nightly builds for example.

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org