QA Testing for 4.9.1

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Tue Aug 28 18:33:04 UTC 2012

Hi QA-Team,

there has been one thing with KDE's release process which I have disliked for
quite some time: the fact that we release bugfix versions without any testing.

Most developers are using master and backport to the stable branch. This
branch is hardly tested by anyone and I as a developer get feedback after the
release that a fix is wrong or causes regressions.

Now with the QA team around I was wondering if we could do something about it.
In the case of KWin we know exactly what went into the 4.9.1 release -
everything is nicely documented in bugzilla [1]. Every bug should also have an
instruction on how to reproduce.

So is there the chance that testers go through the list and verify that the
fixes work as advertised?

Best Regards
Martin Gräßlin

[1] http://ur1.ca/a1pa0