telepathy-qt-service library fix link errors or make shared?

Diane Trout diane at ghic.org
Tue Jan 19 19:13:36 UTC 2016

> Can't we just build the shared library unconditionally? Otherwise, we
> stillĀ
> have to pass -fPIC if the user chooses to build the static library.
>
> Btw, I think -fPIC should only be necessary if a shared library links
> againstĀ
> the static one...

There was just a comment saying build the service library as a static
library because the API was still too unstable. That comment could
easily be wrong. And the right solution could be to build it as a
versioned shared library. I just wanted to ask first.

And it is sounding like releasing it as shared library is the way to
go.

Diane