WIP Facebook SimpleCm

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 22:44:24 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 12:26 AM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:

> There's this PoC by PovAddict:
> http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=scratch%2Fnalvarez%2Ffacebook-chat.git

Yes, that's a script basically acting as a webbrowser and parsing the DOM
together with some reverse-engineered ajax calls iirc. Besides the obvious
the-webpage-can-change-any-minute-and-things-explode (which they
currently do) it also cannot get your whole friend list; it's only those
that you
see in your sidebar when you open facebook.com iirc.

Rather than basing it on that^, I think it'd be more rewarding/beneficial to
go the Messaging API way (through /me/inbox endpoint). In fact, you could
probably collect the user ids from the recent inbox messages. Though note
that
starting with April, all apps requesting non-standard permissions (which
read_inbox is) must go through Facebook review, so it might be they will
just deny that API usage...

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer