Debugging call DTMF detection

Diane Trout diane at ghic.org
Sun Jan 4 01:06:46 UTC 2015

Hi,

I was trying to figure out how to get DTMF messages working with ktp-call-ui.

I have a sip session and using qdbusviewer I found the
"org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Call1.Content.Interface.DTMF" interface on
connection/CallChannelN/ContentN/

and I can use the MultipleTones method to send strings of digits.

However in call-window.cpp: (with some extra debugging statements added)

    Q_FOREACH(const Tp::CallContentPtr & content, d->callChannel-
>contentsForType(Tp::MediaStreamTypeAudio)) {
        kDebug() << "Checking for: " <<
TP_QT_IFACE_CALL_CONTENT_INTERFACE_DTMF;
        kDebug() << "Checking: " << content->objectPath() << content-
>supportsDTMF() << content->interfaces();
        if (content->supportsDTMF()) {
            dtmfSupported = true;
            break;
        }
    }

the list of interfaces returned by Tp::CallContent::interfaces() is always
empty.

I checked d->callChannel->interfaces() and that has the following interfaces:
("org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.Interface.Hold",
"org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.Interface.DTMF")

I started looking at TelepathyQt but am confused about how introspection
works.

Diane