KAccounts plans

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 16:33:12 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 5:13 PM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 5:07 PM, Martin Klapetek <
> martin.klapetek at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> KAccounts itself is pretty much ready to roll. It's waiting for a release
>> because there was a slight screw up in the translations, but will be
>> released shortly (basically just entering string freeze so ~2 weeks).
>>
> So will it be released with 2014.12? I think that's great news!

Nah, I wasn't targeting that. It's more like an alpha release, imo does not
qualify as part of KDE Apps release (plus it's still in playground). I
think it could make more sense to be released as part of Plasma release
though (it's a workspace thing after all). Opinions? Target could even be
Plasma 5.2

I'd like to get this in asap as frameworks ports are appearing and this
>> critical new piece of the infrastructure should get a lot of testing before
>> KTp on frameworks is released.
>>

> I'd like that too, I'll go through the reviews, but I fear the biggest
> problem will be that none of us is really experienced in the *Accounts
> world.
> I'm convinced it will be a good new technology to rely on, though.

Thanks. The Accounts-SSO framework is quite an easy one I think and the
patches for KTp are mostly only KTp bits being provided for KAccounts in
form of plugins, not much of actual *Accounts usage there ^_^

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer