Porting TelepathyLoggerQt to Qt5

Daniel Vratil dvratil at redhat.com
Tue Oct 28 14:49:27 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 28 of October 2014 15:25:59 Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 10:23 AM, Daniel Vratil <dvratil at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Friday 24 of October 2014 15:51:59 Aleix Pol wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I just pushed a new branch to get the project to compile with Qt5. [1]
> >
> > The
> >
> > > branch is called qt5.
> >
> > Thanks, you rock!
> >
> > > Please Dan can you take a look and see how badly I messed up? :D
> >
> > Looks ok to me :-)
> >
> > Dan
> >
> > > Cheers!
> > > Aleix
> > >
> > > [1]
> >
> > http://commits.kde.org/telepathy-logger-qt/594d2c32c1bd088e98f32a4b88500b5
> > f4>
> > > ffdc7e1
>
> Ok, so what do we do about that? Qt5 in master?
> Who needs to be told?

I am not familiar with KTp release plans (sadly I haven't been around this
project much lately) - but if next release is going to be Qt5-based, the
merging can happen at any point, after we solve the following:

Version number: I made TelepathyLoggerQt versioning follow upstream
(TelepathyLogger), but now we would have to diverge as 0.8 is Qt4 build...

Merge noqtglib: I've ported away from QtGLib on the KTp sprint in May, but the
branch did not get merged, because I....kinda forgot about it. Since it's an
ABI break, this is a good point to merge it. But could also happen after
merging Qt 5 to master, so not really important at this point.

CI requirements: we now require TelepathyQt5, so we have to check with
sysadmins first whether it is available on the CI. Apparently we have
telepathy-qt4 builds on the CI, so we probably should ask them to add
telepathy-qt5 builds and build against them (?).

Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil | dvratil at redhat.com | dvratil on #kde-devel, #kontact, #akonadi
Software Engineer - KDE Desktop Team, Red Hat Inc.

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348